Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Message from the Count of Cornwall

Go down 
+3
marslynn
Patan
David Bar Kochba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David Bar Kochba

Registration date : 2010-08-13

A Message from the Count of Cornwall Empty
PostSubject: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 pm

A messenger from Cornwall arrives at Bristol Castle bearing the following message for the council of Somerset,

Quote :
My Northern Neighbors,

I am writing you in regards to the relationship between our counties, and to request your aid and potential cooperation in altering the poor military condition in our county Cornwall. At the moment, the official militia of Cornwall, the Cornwall Redcoat Guard, is in a terrible condition, with very few active soldiers and almost little activity within its barracks. The safety of a county is directly tied to the status of its defense force, and Cornwall is far from safe at the moment. I believe that part of the reason that the Cornwall Redcoat is doing so poorly is that it is not well organized, and does not provide enough guidance or incentive for our citizens to join and stay active within it. As Count, I have made it one of my main goals to see this changed.

When I look north to you, my neighbors, I see a county that is successful, with a strong economy and a strong military force. I have even heard that your county has been one of the major contributors to the Northern War effort. Kudos to you and your success! Cornwall has much it can learn from you.

Now, the reason that I am writing to you is that I believe that Cornwall and Somerset can work together in building a stronger bond through the rewriting of the Cornwall Redcoat Guard's charter. As many of us know, one of the difficulties with forming a national military in the past has been the question of ranks and command between different militias. This is an opportunity for the Cornwall Redcoat Guard and the Somerset Armed Service to address these issues so that if in the future we ever must work together there would be no difficulties, only cooperation.

My greatest dream would be for our two counties to work together in writing a new charter and organization for both the CRG and the SAS. Yet, I understand that Somerset is a proud county, as you have the right to be, and may not wish to change their charter. I would still like for you to work with us in rewriting our own charter so that their can be some form of connection between our counties in the case of potential joint operations. I would also at the least like to have a discussion on the formation of a Somerset-Cornwall Military Academy in which generals and officers can learn how to command, whilst by having it shared between our counties we could build relationships, between our soldiers.

Please let me know as soon as possible how you feel about this, and if you would be interested in working on our counties' relationship with one another. We could arrange this however you wish, although my initial idea was to have this as a meeting between the Counts and Captains of our two counties.

Yours truly,
Duke David Bar Kochba, Count of Cornwall

A Message from the Count of Cornwall Cornwallred
Back to top Go down
Patan
County Councillor
Patan

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Character sheet
SAS Status: Elite Elite

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:21 am

The guards receive an important-looking message and bear it quickly to the Chancellor. Breaking open the seal, Patan reads the document. She rises from her desk and leaves her office, walking swiftly through the corridors to find the Duke of Somerset to apprise him of the letter from Cornwall.
Back to top Go down
marslynn

marslynn

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Character sheet
SAS Status: Elite Elite

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 am

Hello Sir David Bar Kochba,
I am very pleased to see you here.
I agree the counties have a strong need to work together when it comes to the defense of our homes.
I also know you fairly well and have grown to trust in your word.

Thank you very much for coming here.

Marslynn awaits words from her Duke.
Back to top Go down
TaurJack

TaurJack

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

PostSubject: Message   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:06 pm

What was the answer from the SAS?
Back to top Go down
darktut

darktut

Position : Recruit Breaker
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Character sheet
SAS Status: Starter Starter

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:47 am

lets just wait as the duke is busy on the war council this times.. but rest assured SAS will give its answer on this..and oh.. welcome back Taurjack.
Back to top Go down
James 'Kazu' York
Admin
James 'Kazu' York

Registration date : 2008-02-10

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

I wonder whats it all about. Joint charter? You mean combine CRG and SAS? hmm...

CRG + SAS = SCAG Very Happy

Somerset-Cornwall Armed Guards?

*waves hi to Darktut*
Back to top Go down
darktut

darktut

Position : Recruit Breaker
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Character sheet
SAS Status: Starter Starter

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:06 am

i think they wish to have a charter that the SAS will recognize as a co-maker in times of joint forces missions or agreement. They wish to ensure that rankings on both militia could be somewhat the same, so a LT. of SAS can lead 4 yeohman of CRG and vice versa without question of authority. But thats only applicable to special occasions like lack of men to do something near the border. And why am i explaining this by the way.. i hate you james.. you know im gonna do this huh?!.. ^___^ ..

*waves back at james*
Back to top Go down
TaurJack

TaurJack

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Character sheet

PostSubject: The counts message   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:30 pm

I think we should have some kind of joint definintion in case of attack. I have never been to Cornwall, but from what I hear, its nice and worth our attention. If a leader rises for his people, we in our comfotable postion, should lend a hand and help those men up too.

And thanks, its good to be back here in the castle. It's nice this time of year. The cool breezes, song, and ale.

~TaurJack, mayor of Bristol.
Back to top Go down
Barnaby
Knight
Barnaby

Registration date : 2009-10-31

Character sheet
SAS Status: Regular Regular

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Cornwall and Somerset have had a long standing Mutual Defense Agreement, which was expanded while I was Duke to allow the inclusion of the counties of Wiltshire and Sussex as well.

I personally will be happy to devote any time I can to the revision of either Charter, as I know we had a discussion I'd like to see continued on the SAS Charter. However, my time (both RL and RK) is limited at the moment, so I'm not able to take lead on either should the Duke express interest in pursuing this. I do encourage the SAS Leadership to pursue helping Cornwall in whatever way we can as a strong Cornwall is in our best interests just as much as a strong Somerset is in Cornwall's best interests. Depending on the decision, we can hold such discussion in the CRG Embassy here (I can add relevant parties as needed) on Charter revisions for the CRG.

If I may be so bold, Your Grace, and ask that you send a copy of your Charter there via Aandra, or yourself, should you wish. I will issue you keys forthwith.

Welcome back Taurjack!
Back to top Go down
David Bar Kochba

Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:32 am

Thank you for welcoming me. My goal was, like many of you pointed out, to try and have our ranks correspond in some way that if we ever need to work together there would be no question of who commands. It also would allow for any soldiers that may move to possibly be able to retain their rank in their new home.

The other idea, that of the Military Academy, is meant to make sure that all our officers are well trained and able to perform their duties well. At the same time, by having the military academy a joint program between our two counties it could build bonds between our officers and soldiers and allow us to share the best military knowledge with one another.

Currently, we are working on a new system for CRG, one that would take on more of the form of a Knight Order. It may be difficult to have such a system fit with the SAS, which is why we really would like to have your cooperation. One great way someone could help us would be for someone to send me a copy of the SAS charter, this way we could know what we would be working with.
Back to top Go down
Barnaby
Knight
Barnaby

Registration date : 2009-10-31

Character sheet
SAS Status: Regular Regular

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Your Grace, I have posted the SAS information you requested in the Chambers of our Military Embassy, located right this way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the Count of Cornwall   A Message from the Count of Cornwall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Message from the Count of Cornwall
Page 1 of 1