Castle of Bristol
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle of Bristol

The capital castle

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Year Celebration Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New Year Celebration Ideas Empty
PostSubject: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:06 pm

An with Christmas...comes New Year

New Year eve evening under the stars celebration party...a bonfire in the snow? (rp)
Sleigh rides in the snow (horse drawn) as part of a community feast on New Years day? (rp)
A church service including the singing of the New Year songs (rp)?
Resolution thread (could be interesting to see what people want for their characters in the New Year) this could be added into the feast...some how.
Werewolves rp game in say middle/end of Jan?

We could put the New Year threads up a little later in Jan as people are bound to be away...

Thoughts please...lol sorry getting prepared early as I may not be around (rl and all Smile )
Back to top Go down
Chandrea

Chandrea

Registration date : 2008-03-04

Character sheet
SAS Status: Recruit

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:48 pm

You could do - if the censors will let us - an IC and OOC resolutions thread. That might be fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Patan
County Councillor
Patan

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Character sheet
SAS Status: Elite Elite

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:38 pm

All good ideas. I'll give it some thought in case any others occur to me.

Best to check with the censors (Mosquito, in our case) beforehand about the IC and OOC resolutions idea, though - they sometimes get a bit bothered about mixing up the two. If they don't like mixing them, we could even have two separate threads.

Er...RL...? Hmm... I've heard of the concept of course, but...perhaps I should get one some day...? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:00 pm

ooo I like Mozzie...will send mail an ask the bug, will let you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:30 am

I was chatting to Grim in tavern and he was very helpful with some ideas for New Year Celebrations. He thinks we can adjust the Halloween broom race that they ran in Appleby to have a sleigh race in Somerset. Prehaps a donkey drawn sleigh, an old nag and a young frisky mare? From what I read the thread started well but was slightly confusing and they only really had one race, but maybe we can adjust how it is run slightly. Do you like the idea or shall we stick to role play of the sleighs?

Quote :
This is a diceroll Game. To roll the dice http://dicelog.com/dice

Select d6 for your dice

Roll 1 or 2
The Stub -2 speed
New Year Celebration Ideas FBC6
Roll 3 or 4
Hairy McLairy
New Year Celebration Ideas 0357_MED
Roll 5 or 6 to get
The firebolt +2 speed
New Year Celebration Ideas Harry-potter-broom
Once you have rolled post your number an which broom you have.

Once you have your broom you wait to fly. 3 players per game with 1 lap. You roll once more to determin your speed for the lap then add or take away the number that came with the broom. All three players post their score then once all three are up they can rp the race. The highest score wins.
So a 5 rolled will get firebolt with a +2 advantage plus your roll for your speed 4 =11
The other player rolls 1 gets the stub with -2 disadvantage plus a roll for speed 6 = 4

Player 1 wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:36 am

Mozzie wrote...he thinks having the IC resolutions as part of the feast is a great idea, however the occ thread (resolutions of the person behind the keyboard) is better suited to the lounge. Smile
Back to top Go down
Patan
County Councillor
Patan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 am

Yes, I had a feeling that might be the answer. But the IC resolutions could be good.

Oh, and the sleigh race sounds fun. Though the main forum doesn't have dice, and there's the possibility of some cheating if you use off site dice rolling, perhaps - or does this one manage to overcome that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:31 am

I guess you have to trust the poster and as there will be no ingame prizes given then I guess it does not matter, mostly it is about the role play. To reduce cheating we could ask people to post a screen shot. (this also applies to the drinking game)

We could give them a picture prize? Hmmm I have a 1st place medal, maybe that will work as I think I have a second place too. Goes to look!

edit - yay found them.

New Year Celebration Ideas 2ld7oec
New Year Celebration Ideas 2dba534_th
New Year Celebration Ideas 2s0ixcw_th

Possible pictures for race

Donkey
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:miWamGZhdKETbM:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3185/2440524613_c8cb7f9a77.jpg%3Fv%3D0

Old nag
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4vIuJZEL9_GrPM:http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6443892/2/istockphoto_6443892-old-nag.jpg

Frisky Mare
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:u7FYjsCBVKp2BM:http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3400/3317198263_154cf2a7f8.jpg
Back to top Go down
Patan
County Councillor
Patan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:47 am

First draft of poster...getting ahead a little bit! Razz

New Year Celebration Ideas Posternyv1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:32 am

oooo Patan awsome...love the use of the Somerset banner Very Happy and the horse is a great touch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year Celebration Ideas   New Year Celebration Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Year Celebration Ideas
Page 1 of 1